Saturday, January 19, 2008

Grandma's Angels

This is a project I did for my mom for Christmas. It's a large rusty star purchased from my local Ben Franklin Craft. It's about 24". The papers used are My Mind's Eye. I was able to include photos of all of her grandchildren. The star is made by making a template of where your pictures and papers will be. If you are using printed pictures from your computer, you will have to protect the images with a sealant so the colors won't run. I used "Preserve It". Everything is adhered to the star using Mod Podge, and then a final finishing layer is washed over the papers, pictures and embellishments. I added rub on lettering and some stickers to the finished star, which I didn't get the chance to take a pic of before mailing it off to her. (It was risking being late as it was, and my camera was out of batteries). My mom really likes how this turned out, and plans to keep it up year round. TFL

No comments: